4 Great Examples of PvP Modes in Casual Games
PvP is often the key feature that defines midcore games. But it has been successfully implemented in casual titles, and GameRefinery points to 4 titles:
- Disney Emoji Blitz
- Board Kings
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Love Nikki-Dress UP Queen
Rumble Stars – two weeks into release
Rumble Stars Soccer by Frogmind Games (developer behind Badland and Badland Brawl) has globally launched Rumble Stars game a couple of weeks ago. Pocketgamer. com brings a short analysis of the game, describing it as a five-a-side football meets a mobile MOBA.
Fortnite’s Avengers Crossover Event
As already mentioned in previous entries, Fortnite ran an Avengers themed event in the game. In this article you can read a nice recap of how it went.
Why Supercell ignored monetisation but Season Challenges made Clash of Clans the top grossing game anyway
According to PocketGamer, Clash of Clans revenue spiked 72 per cent in the month following the introduction of Season Challenges and the new Gold Pass. The game also had its best day since Christmas 2015 on May 1st 2019, taking $6.9m from in-app purchases. This article looks at the Season Challenge in more detail and beyond just the effect on the revenue.
Speaking of Supercell, they have also invested €3.4 million ($3.8m) in Swedish start-up Luau Games. You can read more about it here.
How AI Could Change The Way We Build Video And Mobile Games
GameAnalytics article deals with how AI might affect gaming industry, and how it has already affected it so far.
News around the globe
- Epic Games to acquire Psyonix, developer behind Rocket League which, as per announcement will be coming to Epic Games Store in late 2019. A few days later, news about Sega acquiring Two Point Hospital developer, Two Points Studios came out. The Two Point Studios acquisition is the first such pick-up to stem directly from Sega Europe’s Searchlight program, an internal initiative intended to identify new talent and IP opportunities for the publisher.
- Codemasters has moved: they opened a new office in Birmingham for its F1 development team.
Notable new releases
- Tales of Wind by Neocraft on AppStore and PlayStore
- Golf Blitz by Noodlecake Studios on AppStore and PlayStore
- SpellForce – Heroes & Magic by HandyGames on AppStore and PlayStore
- Daggerhood by Crescent Moon Games on AppStore and PlayStore
- Shards of Infinity by Temple Gates Games on AppStore and PlayStore
- Kingsman – The Secret Service by YesGnome on AppStore and PlayStore
- XOB by Rule Weaver on AppStore and PlayStore