Can Hay Day Pop Solve the Puzzle? Laura Taranto, Product Management Advisor, deconstructs Supercell’s Hay Day Pop. Link.
The episode 5 of The Mobile GameDev Playbook focuses on the Coronavirus pandemic, how it has impacted developers and how they’ve adapted their games during the last few difficult months. The podcast also examines how the virus has generally affected the mobile gaming industry. Link.
Match-3 has always been one of the most successful genres in mobile gaming – and still is. Gamerefinery released a snapshot report about the genre, stating that Match-3 is the biggest subgenre in the US iOS market, representing 21 per cent of the market’s revenue. Read more in Pocketgamer and VentureBeat summaries, or download the full report. Link.
Pocketgamer.biz delves into the opportunities of retargeting campaigns, especially for gaming apps. According to the article, only 11% of gaming apps uses retargeting campaigns and these campaigns could bring value through:
- Increased use retention
- Better engagement
- Improved conversions
Studio Ghibli’s influence on game designers. For the past 10 years, artists have taken inspiration from Totoro, Princess Mononoke, and many more… For more about famous Japanese studio’s influence on game design. Link.
From Street Fighter to Sonic the Hedgehog: 10 of the best retro games. Link.
- Mobile gaming sees record weekly downloads amid COVID-19 lockdown. Average weekly installs reached 1.2 billion as downloads increase by 35% from January to March 4. Mobile is projected to become 2.8 times larger than PC gaming, and 3.1 times larger than consoles in 2020. Link.
- Level Ex, the maker of surgery games popular with medical professionals, has released new levels that virtually train doctors to treat patients with COVID-19. Link.
- Monument Valley maker Ustwo and Facebook are launching the Go Go Bots instant game on Facebook Gaming today. The game is available exclusively on Facebook Gaming, built on Facebook’s Instant Games platform, which can be played in instant message threads on mobile devices or via web links. No downloads are necessary. Link.
- My Talking Tom Friends amasses a record-breaking 7 million pre-registrations in just six days. This is a new all-time record for developer Outfit7. Link.
- Kippo has raised $2 million for a dating app for gamers who want to find like-minded companions. The company’s larger idea is to create a next-generation gaming app that modernizes the way that people connect and meet. Link.
- Mobile games publisher Carry1st has generated $2.5 million through its latest round of funding, taking the overall total of capital raised to $4 million to help grow mobile games in Africa. Link.
- EA and the NFL extend exclusive partnership for Madden games until 2026. They have renewed the exclusivity contract that gives the game publisher exclusive rights to make simulation football games. Link.
- MasterChef: Dream Plate by Animoca Brands on AppStore and PlayStore
- Takashi Ninja Warrior by Horizon Games on AppStore and PlayStore
- Blade of God : Vargr Souls by Heaven Spirit Network Technology on AppStore and PlayStore
- Don’t Kill the Knight by Penguin Spot Games on AppStore and PlayStore
- Rocat Jumpurr by Mousetrap Games on AppStore
- WarQuest: Game of the Gods by humble toymaker on AppStore and PlayStore
- ALTER: Between Two Worlds by Crescent Moon Games on AppStore and PlayStore
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Hav by Spike-Chunsoft on AppStore and PlayStore
- reky by Plug in Digital on AppStore and PlayStore
If you find WIN useful, please recommend it to your friends and colleagues so that they can also enjoy it. They can easily subscribe at Mobile Industry News.